FutureOn brings new dimension to digital field planning with new software release
FutureOn, the global software company specialising in the energy sector, has designed a tool for the next-generation energy engineer that will impact project economics across the full lifecycle.
FieldTwin Design 6.0, previously FieldAP, provides oil and gas, offshore renewables and emerging sectors with the muscle of unrivalled spatial representation, intuitive navigability and meaningful, data-rich intelligence from concept through to decommissioning.
Proven benefits of the expanded and upgraded FutureOn digital planning concept, built on more than 20 years as an indispensable energy industry tool, are significant across field design, well planning, pipeline engineering and beyond.
These benefits include improved efficiencies when planning new assets, maintenance and modifications; reduced costs compared with traditional design approaches; and visibility at the earliest project stages, minimising the need for late-phase revision, redrafting and/or correction.
Also key is increased flexibility around environmental drivers – pushing down emissions or avoiding a sensitive area, for instance – while enabling increased collaboration across project teams, operators and contractors.
Further value is provided by seamless transfer from the design stage into ground-breaking digital twin capabilities, with all that means for increased savings of both time and money.
Maximum opportunity, tight margins
The pace of change in the oil and gas industry has been accelerated by an unprecedented combination of events: the Covid pandemic, weakening demand and the drive to net-zero. Investment in upstream was slashed over the last two years and, according to a report from Rystad Energy, is not expected to return to historic levels until mid-decade, if then.
For operators working in this constrained environment, FutureOn believes that establishing a detailed, early and comprehensive understanding across all project parameters, and maintaining that position over the entire lifecycle, is crucial to success.
FieldTwin Design offers users the tools required to access the right information, to leverage that data to specific ends, and the experience to enable optimal results.
Building blocks of success
FieldTwin Design 6.0 offers a powerful new 3D engine, feature-rich user interface and industry-leading data/metadata integration. The result is a cutting-edge – yet proven – design and digital twin package that is easier, cleaner and more responsive to use.
- Powerful and game changing 3D Engine – the core of FieldTwin Design 6.0 offers a massive speed optimization for large and complex field and subsurface layouts
- More efficient User Interface – a streamlined control system creates a more productive digital platform, and the ability to achieve meaningful results in a fraction of the time
- Increased visual fidelity – details including field infrastructure, reservoirs, bathymetry and granular representation of wells, as well as associated metadata, are incorporated into live 3D map rendering
- Flexible workspace – added functionality such as dockable windows, improved toolkits, and increased controls offers high-level, intuitive and personalised interaction within the 3D landscape
- Bigger data – multiple integrations from third-party packages will provide operators with an enriched experience that encourages high-level, collaborative understanding across field planning, project management, economic modelling and compliancy
“FieldTwin Design 6.0, previously FieldAP, is a multi-functional and intuitive product that features more muscle, more heart and a bigger brain,” said Jostein Lien, Senior Vice President of Products at FutureOn.
“From initial concept through to operations and decommissioning, our design and digital twin package will help to speed savings and minimise time to first oil while providing increased control and encouraging maximum collaboration from the earliest stage,” he added.
Experts in data visualization, FutureOn emerged from Xvision in 2016 to become a standalone provider of state-of-the-art visual engineering for the global energy sector. The company transforms the performance of complex capital projects with our cutting-edge visualization technology.
FutureOn is proud to offer its global customer base industry-leading software solutions to create digital twins that deliver a complete asset visualization and integrated data model that unlocks value through increased efficiency, improved safety, reduced costs, risk mitigation, lower emissions and increased uptime.
FutureOn technology includes: